Were to begin:
So you have a brand new WordPress website. Now what?
It’s a little like having a brand new car and not knowing how to drive. It’s time to learn!
You can take your brand new website out for a spin…….
OR, it might be wise to log a few hours on a “simulator” beforehand.
If you crash and burn on the simulator it’s not fatal, but on your live site that’s another matter.
DesktopServerby ServerPress is a good way to load WordPress on your local computer and practice before you make edits to your live site.
- Step one get the free version of DesktopServer and install it.
Now that you have a simulator to learn on you can try everything in the following tutorials, without fear that you might break your live site.
Free resources to start with:
- ithemes: WordPress 101 Video Tutorials
- What is WordPress
- Your WordPress Login
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Using the WordPress Admin Bar
- Exploring WordPress Settings
- WordPress Posts vs Pages
- Creating a WordPress Post
- Adding Images in WordPress
- Using the WordPress Media Library
- Formatting WordPress Posts
- WordPress Categories and Tags
- Creating Users in WordPress